S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
H.D. & A. CEO.
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked through alot of stuff on an Envoy conversion and all I can find is stuff on the S-10 conversion. I need to know what is needed to just swap to an Envoy bumper on a 1997 Sonoma? Will the bumper just bolt right up or will I need more than that? Also I have factory fog lights, will the factory plugs work on the bulbs for the Envoy driving lights because I don't believe the square ones will look right in the round holes.

Thanks,

Verne

·
H.D. & A. CEO.
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?:dunno:

·
Strictly Domestic
2,865 Posts
Yeah i believe you just need the Envoy front fascia and thats all.

·
H.D. & A. CEO.
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, that's great. Now just need to get the bumper.

Later,

Verne

·
Still learning
449 Posts
What bumper do u need then?

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
to put a envoy bumper on an pre 98 sonoma, all you need is the bumper, chrome moldings, foglights, and that foam spacer..and I speak from experience

·
H.D. & A. CEO.
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
v8s10: I'm looking at doing the Envoy conversion. Just the bumper though, like the one on the "Steel Flame" hot wheels truck. Just getting ideas of cost right now unless I come across a good deal.

loyalty: Thanks thats exactly what I needed to know but what are the chrome moldings you are refering to? Whats going on in Clarksville now days. Haven't been there in years.

Thanks,

Verne

·
Strictly Domestic
2,865 Posts
There are 2 chrome moldings in the Envoy front bumper cover. One on each corner. They fit into a groove thats in the Envoy cover.

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
Verne said:

loyalty: Thanks thats exactly what I needed to know but what are the chrome moldings you are refering to? Whats going on in Clarksville now days. Haven't been there in years.

nothing much, nothing ever changes in clarksville unfortunately

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
its cool

if you'll notice on the envoy bumper, the top of the bumper rises up on the sides (under the headlights), with the dip for the grille being in the middle. The foam spacer pretty much makes the bumper fit flush under the headlights. Its well worth the 20 bucks or so that it costs.

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
you don't 100% have to have the spacer..in fact, if you tear apart your current sonoma bumper (if thats your truck in your sig) you'll find plastic/rubber spacers under your bumper cover. You can also use your current impact bar with a new envoy bumper.

I've found gmparts direct to be the cheapest place to score a bumper, even with their shitty shipping costs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts