S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any way to make the Envoy front bumper fit a 2000 S10 without converting the grill and lights to a sonoma or envoy? I looked at the envoy bumper and it has the piece on each side at the top that is raised a little higher than the center of it. I would like to keep my head lights and grill but wanted to try to make the envoy bumper fit.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
BLACKLOCK said:
Does anyone know of any way to make the Envoy front bumper fit a 2000 S10 without converting the grill and lights to a sonoma or envoy? I looked at the envoy bumper and it has the piece on each side at the top that is raised a little higher than the center of it. I would like to keep my head lights and grill but wanted to try to make the envoy bumper fit.
as far as i know, it is a no go on the envoy being installed on anthing without changing headlights and grill too.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
use the cut off wheel...butch the grille and make them fit...that is the only way your going to get that combo to work..you have to use the sonoma front end if you want to use the enovy bumper....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that envoy bumper a cover. If it is do you think I could cut down the higher areas on each side and then rework the cover to be flat across like the S10 bumper. If it were steel, I could cut the top off the envoy and off my S10 and then weld the S10 portion to the envoy. Then I think it would work.. What do you guys think?

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
whats up the envoy bumper is just a cover ..you can get the bumper from the gmc dealer cheaper than ive seen it in all the magazines...i paid like 240 for mine but that was wholesale price i imagine list is like 300 or something...im sure if you wanted to make it fit the s-10 girl and stuff and wanted to rework the plastic and shave the higher ends it could be done with a lot of patients and time.....otherwise the bumper will only fit if you have the sonoma front end on the truck either the grill that goes completely across or the grill that is just the center and has the bigger headlight assembles...98 and newer

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will go to the body shop and talk to my friend there about it. I see what his thoughts are on the idea.. I need to get the front end of min repainted now due to rock chips and I want to get my door handles painted. When i find out about the cover, I will post some info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts