S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working to convert my Envoy HID lights to a standard 9006 bulb. I need to remove the bumper cover to take out the ballasts. Anyone know where all of the cover retainer clips are? I see two of them on the underside in the center and some sort of block out on the sides? Are there others? Any tips for removing it?

Anyone interested in the ballasts/arc tubes when I am done with the conversion? One of the arc tubes is out and needs to be replaced (that's why I am doing the conversion).

Thanks for the help!

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
oh and i can help with both the cover removal and 9006 bulbs.

:thumbup:

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
there are the two clips in the middle like you said, the two blocks on the outside are just a slide on, slide off deal.. first take out the two clips in the middle, and pull straight forward on each side of the bumper to loosen those blocks, they sort of snap in there so you have to pull fairly hard, and after that the only thing holding it on are the three little "prongs" on the top of the bumper in the middle, those take a little work, you just need to push the bumper back and it should come off........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The blocks on the side look like they are slotted and currently, both of the pins are at the back of the slots. Do the pins come out of the blocks by sliding them to the other end of the slot or do they pull out of the block no matter where they are located in the slot?

Thanks a lot for the help! Hopefully I will be all ready to do this over the weekend.

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
this is difficult to word, but yeah the pins or "posts" come out of the blocks by sliding the bumper cover forward. Right now the posts should be toward the front of the truck "front of block" and after you pull the cover forward, the posts should be out of the block "behind it"........ hope this helps, i know its hard to word stuff when your not looking right at it. but prolly once you get started with it it should come out fairly easy..

oh yeah, and if you just want to get rid of those envoy headlights, let me know and ill trade you my factory sonoma headlights for them.....please!!! ill even pay for shipping....

·
2,186 Posts
trassett said:
The blocks on the side look like they are slotted and currently, both of the pins are at the back of the slots. Do the pins come out of the blocks by sliding them to the other end of the slot or do they pull out of the block no matter where they are located in the slot?

Thanks a lot for the help! Hopefully I will be all ready to do this over the weekend.
pull the side of the bumper to the front of the vehicle, the blocks will slide forward on the pins and it will come lose.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone's help, I was able to complete the conversion job. The standard lights definitely put out less light than the HID, but I can live with it. Anyone heard anything good about the PIAA super whites (9006)?

Once again, thanks for all of the advice.

·
2,186 Posts
trassett said:
Thanks to everyone's help, I was able to complete the conversion job. The standard lights definitely put out less light than the HID, but I can live with it. Anyone heard anything good about the PIAA super whites (9006)?

Once again, thanks for all of the advice.
hey man, i am sorry i wasnt able to help ya with the conversion. i have been kinda busy coaching a basketball team.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed Sylvania SilverStar halogens yesterday. It is actually hard to tell the difference between them and the old HID lamps. They are very close in color - closer than any of the PIAA lamps. Plus, they are DOT approved. I recommend them...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts