S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a pic of this?? Ive seen one once before and was wondering how hard it would be to do

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
Simple...takes all of half an hour.
these are old pics (before I put the 98+ impact bar in..it makes the bumper sit tighter against the grille, gets rid of that gap) also, don't mind that smear...my scanner was dirty.:D

Attachments

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
for some reason those two round lites reminds me of the lightning. looks awesome though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
on 94-97s youve got the turn/park lights in the bumper, is it legal to ditch the old bumper and upgrade to the 98+ bumpers without the lights in them? i want to get a newer model bumper on my 97, just want to make sure it will pass inspection.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
You might look at getting a custom air dam as well - one that is setup for fog lights and putting in turn signals right there. Use clear lenses and orange bulbs and nobody would know the difference (that they really aren't just driving/fog lights) until you
use them.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
envoy bumper

i just got an envoy bumper andlights for my 'noma and i am having trouble fitting it on my truck. any tricks i need to know to do this?:confused: the problem is that it isnt very stury. it jiggles around and fits really loose.

i had a custom grill made also. i hope to have pictures up as soon as i get everything painted.:D

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
no, i dont have those and would like the PN. :D but it is almost like it needs a brace on each side underneith going from the chassis to the bumper. that is why i say it is loose. if you grab it from the bottom you can move it around a substatial amount. :uhoh: also where can i get a billet insert for it. :confused: thanks for the help. :cool:

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
ok, that spacer is p/n 15016974, and it sounds like you need some bumper braces;
left brace; 15653993
right brace; 15653994

you can get a billet insert for your bumper at Trenz, or JBM Trucking. from what I've heard, the JBM grille (made by T-Rex) looks/mounts better, but I have a trenz on the way for mine.

my bumper is pretty loose too...real flimsy. When my grille gets here I plan to pull the whole thing apart and find a better way to mount it:evilg:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts