S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i am from Sweden and i have problem with my S10 4.3 L V6. car runs poorly at idling and when I give gas then it is also unevenly. and the motorlamp shines. it is also moving erratically when I drive. anyone have a solution for this problem.

·
Registered
101 Posts
One or more cylinders is not working. There are many causes of this.

For example...

One or more injectors are not working.
One or more sparkplugs aren't firing for a number of reasons (bad wire, bad plug, bad coil)
You could have one or both headgaskets blown.

Is there any steam coming (white smoke)out of the tailpipe?

How and when did the problem start?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One or more cylinders is not working. There are many causes of this.

For example...

One or more injectors are not working.
One or more sparkplugs aren't firing for a number of reasons (bad wire, bad plug, bad coil)
You could have one or both headgaskets blown.

Is there any steam coming (white smoke)out of the tailpipe?

How and when did the problem start?
the problem started when i was out driving the car started to go jerkily and when i come home and i putted the car in to Park it started to go unevenly and it´s comiing white smoke out of the tailpipe

·
Registered
133 Posts
most likely head gasket.. check radiator to see if u need fuid.. check oil for water.it should look like gunk or slugde..remove plugs and check to see if there is water in the cylinders.. if u take ur heads off for gasket replacement .. do ur self a favor and take the heads to a machine shop for pressure check and and have them redone.. u dont want to go through all that work for nothing.. GL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okej. hmm but i heard from a friend that it could be a vacuum hose to. beacuse at the same time everthing happened the brakes stoped work not completely but you need to step very hard on the brake pedal to brake. could it be it ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took of the vaccum hose and then the motor went up in rpm and when i put my thumb on the hose the motor died. an when i but the hose back on the brake booster it start to go rouugh again so i think i need to replace the brake booster. could it be a solution. becuase the motor dont take any water what so ever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts