S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one with the 56mm throttle body and an intake ever noticed thier truck whistle when driving. its only at part throttle anything close to wide open and its gone, and no i do not have a throttle bodyspacer...
its really starting to bug me, ive check all around the intake and throttle body for leaks and ive got nothin, the only time i noticed that it stopped was the last time i was putting everything back together and forgot the vacuum lines.
any ideas?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
woohoo 40 views and not one post were off to a great start

·
O'Reilly R.S.S
1,239 Posts
i believe i have a sound similar to this that i can't figure out either. it can only be heard under load.

·
3,904 Posts
woohoo 40 views and not one post were off to a great start

ur not alone, i just did mine over the weekend and i got a loud whistle. 56mm tb and k&n intake. mine's about 1/4 throttle. very noticeable w/ the window down but it hasn't driven me crazy yet. no leaks on my end either. i dont have any sugg. on fixing it but atleast you know ur not crazy. lol

·
????
336 Posts
mines just chipped 89 4.3 i have the whistle its just the fuel air ratio changing under the air flow change...cant put it in technical terms or whatever...

·
Registered
39 Posts
has any one with the 56mm throttle body and an intake ever noticed thier truck whistle when driving. its only at part throttle anything close to wide open and its gone, and no i do not have a throttle bodyspacer...
its really starting to bug me, ive check all around the intake and throttle body for leaks and ive got nothin, the only time i noticed that it stopped was the last time i was putting everything back together and forgot the vacuum lines.
any ideas?

yea i got a 99 sdime with throttle body sppacer and ags intake i get similar sound , my bro is technician and said its just the intake .

·
Registered
476 Posts
that whistle is the reason the factory uses the restrictive intake with all the resonance chambers so that noise polution(yes it is done for noise pollution and it is a federal law) is eliminated. the whistle just means it is breathing better.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe the whistle is on the throttlebody, when you think about it the air goes by7 the IAC valve for it to idle correctly and if you've noticed the passages are very small and when high vacuum or high pressure goes through small stuff noises are not uncommon. I don't have this whistle.....but I have an exhaust leak! lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
my friends 2.2 started doing the same out of nowhere and we cant figure out where its comin from either and i told him to do the stereo trick to turn it up but his cd player got jacked so hes screwed.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
my truck has a whinning noise to it... almost as if it its supercharged.. you can hear it at a high rev and in between shifts hen the rpm is coming dwn

thats what mine was doing and it turned out to be the alternator.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
found it, well them. one of the hoses to the intake finally broke all the way so i could see it, and the second i found was a pinhole in the intake coupler. got that fix and the whistle was gone just like that.
that turbo will be missed:p
off topic, anyone from michigan notice all the tuner cars showing up from everywhere ? ive counted well over 40 so far this week. ive seen civics mostly and few mazda's with turbos and the rest are any kind you could think of. its funny though to pull up next to the ricers with fart cans and leave them behind:haha:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts