S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a Flexlite E- Fan on my 2.2 and need to set the thermostat. Its been so long since I have driven her I can't remember the operating temp................does around 210 sound right? Thanks for any help.

01 X-Fanatic

·
Old Man
16 Posts
Fan temp setting

I set installed my Fan last night. I set my thermostat to 205F at the upper hose inlet to the radiator. You need to use an infared temp gun if you have one.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i set mine on the lowest it would go, like 160. why would you want it at 205? that too damn hot for me...

·
Old Man
16 Posts
coolant temp

Why did I set mine to 205. I set mine there because it is foolish to run your engine that cool, it will cause poor performance. The fuel system will never go in to closed loop. This will also cause premature engine wear. The engine has to run at normal operating temp to burn off deposits. I know this because I am a GM corporate trainer. I teach the techs how to diagnose driveability issues.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Temp

Kyle thanks for the info, we need some more people like you to post here. Your info is needed, you have the inside info that some of us need. thanks.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Dude, 210 is normal operating temparature, but if you have something like a Jet chip or reduced temp thermo, you're going to have to make your own judgement about the setting...

I have a 180 in mine, and I'd set my fan to come on at like 170.....but my thermo on my stupid efan burned now I'm back to the clutch fan....didn't notce a difference anyways

Caleb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts