S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my 99 Jimmy and the previous owner swapped the engine for an 04 I believe he said but my issue lies in the fact that every picture I can find shows an EGR part stuck right up front. Mine had the part hanging off to the side unattached to anything but the wires over by the CPU and coolant reservoir. And no where to install it. Watched videos of the delete people have done with a cover plate and learned my engine doesn't even have that spot for the part to go. I've since removed it out of my engine bay. Still runs alright since outside of the other systems in the truck I'm working on. If there are other threads on this or anyone with a clue to some insight on what the difference is between EGR and EGR free engines in these types of vehicles I would be thankful.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
Moved to 262/4.3.

EGR was discontinued in '02.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does clear up things a little. Otherwise not really any differences I'm assuming? I can appreciate if all I need to do is use a resistor to the wire that's still there or go to a shop to get that engine code off the CPU is there any other applicable knowledge to pass along? Not exactly positive how much more complicated this is

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Not much you can do with it if the stand isn't there to mount the EGR valve. Seal up the connector and tuck it away. If you are in a state that requires inspections, they may fail you for an emissions device not being installed on the vehicle. Then you would have to get the correct lower intake and drivers side manifold that had the exhaust tube that runs from the intake manifold to the exhaust manifold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts