S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I live in CA, I'd like to put in a V8 for sure but for example If I got an LS1 engine can I still use the gauges (stock) from my 84 S10? or what V8 do you guys recommend.

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Ok well I live in CA, I'd like to put in a V8 for sure but for example If I got an LS1 engine can I still use the gauges (stock) from my 84 S10? or what V8 do you guys recommend.
yes you can. speedo gauge,voltmeter , tach, water temp,fuel gauge..

to use the stock speedo , youll need to use a trans with a cable driven speedo...

(get a bell housing from a 4.3 s10, bolt it up to your trans, then bolt ur v8 up to it..

opinions are like ass holes, every one here has one.. lotta opinions, good luck deciding on wat your gonna do.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I plan on using all autometer guages but my truck is also an 02 and ill be running a carb at first.

Lots of options, its really up to you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also how do i go about for the Harness and the ECM or PCM and with the OBD 2 port and so on where can I pick that up? and the LS1 should be more emission cleaner than the 2.8 from my 84 right?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
id say go aftermarket 2 inch gauges fit right in the face peice on your dash with just a liitle bit of trimming on wholes my 85 has aftermarket gauges work great

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
also how do i go about for the Harness and the ECM or PCM and with the OBD 2 port and so on where can I pick that up? and the LS1 should be more emission cleaner than the 2.8 from my 84 right?
You've got a lot of homework to do!
Start researching your swap, spend some time figuring things out before you drop some money on an LSx motor. Your best bet is adapt a newer harness to your truck, easy enough if you can read and have access to wiring diagrams. You need to do your research, as I am sure there are several aftermarket companies that have a wiring harness for any LSx swap into anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts