S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I swapped out my busted 2.2 for a 4.3, put everything in, wouldn't start, found out later I needed the BCM as well, so I took the old BCM out, had the guy ship me his BCM, still not working, anything else that someone can think of that would cause this? Also, I am not sure if this is normal, but even when I take key out of the ignition the Security light just stays on. I am hoping to at least narrow it down to a few general areas, as I would hate to pay a mechanic for hours upon hours of work to find out a bunch of things aren't wrong then finally track it down.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
Sounds like a passlock issue to me. But, i have no idea what year your truck, or engine is, so it is imposible to know for sure.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops my bad, I thought I had put the year, it is a 98, the 4.3 engine came out of a 99, I have the ECU and the BCM from the original vehicles engine, or at least the guy who sold it to me said it was, I will be taking the Computer and BCM to the dealer this week to be sure. But in the meantime I wanted to see if there was anything else that I might be overlooking that would cause both of those issues to take place.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts