S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is going to pull his 301 from his trans am, and he'd sell it to me for $100 because we're friends. I was considering dropping it in my 91 s10... does anyone know if:
1. its possible
2. if the engine mounts line up
for those who have had someone else do it how much did it cost for eveything, and what it entails. right now i have a 2.5 4 cyl in there and it would be a big difference, what would you guys suggest. Im sure with all the right stuff i could pull 11 or 12's

·
Registered
433 Posts
be prepared to drop atleast $2000 .

there is more to it then you think!
chris

·
Registered
224 Posts
anything is possible...

That 301 isa heapof sh-t. they are an oldsmobile motor, and are wider than an sbc. they also don't make sh-t for power. your 12 sec. dream would be almost imposible also. Youd have a sh-t load of money in buildups to make it run that quick.Your buddy should have to pay someone to take that heap away...Sorry to burst your bubble there fellah....hahaha Just save the bucks and put a Chevy motor in there

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: anything is possible...

ARCdidit said:
That 301 isa heapof sh-t. they are an oldsmobile motor, and are wider than an sbc. they also don't make sh-t for power. your 12 sec. dream would be almost imposible also. Youd have a sh-t load of money in buildups to make it run that quick.Your buddy should have to pay someone to take that heap away...Sorry to burst your bubble there fellah....hahaha Just save the bucks and put a Chevy motor in there
Sounds good, the more i looked into it last night the less i because interested even though i was very interested to begin with. for 2k i could put that toward a crated 350. i think i'll put the money i was saving toward it back into my truck for like buckets or some other stuff, thanks for helping me guys, ill talk to you later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts