S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what just arrived from Summit this afternoon:

Moly rings, arp head + rod bolts, comp high energy pushrods and lifters, valve seals, 180* thermo, clutch alignment tool, piston ring installer/compressor, taylor 8.2mm precut wires :cool:

I dropped my block, crank, and comp cam off with a professional race engine builder on Thursday, he is jetwashing the block, installing new cam bearings and freeze plugs, probably giving it a quick hone too. The crank is being micropolished and the cam the guy sent to Comp for me to a buddy he knows there to have that polished as well. I have a complete lower gasket set and head gaskets coming from Rockauto, and a spintech cat converter/muffler coming from gofastparts.com. All that's left is rod/main bearings once I make sure the crank didn't have to be cut, then once the engine is back together and installed I will need all new hoses, a new waterpump, and a power steering pump (both I stole last year because the blazer needed them). I am shooting to have the truck back and running in the next 3 weeks to a month, then I am taking the blazer off the road and putting it up for sale.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
Hey, they changed the package for the valve seals. The one mine came in was a plastic box thing with seperate compartements for each seal.

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
im doing the same thing, i got my bottom end finished a few weeks ago, just waiting on heads, one of mine was starting to go bad (corrosion) and my machine shop suggested i get a new one

i would post pics but i guess i could start my own thread

-mark

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rat said:
Hey, they changed the package for the valve seals. The one mine came in was a plastic box thing with seperate compartements for each seal.
Yes, and I noticed that they are "Corteco" brand seals, I was looking at a complete engine gasket set on ebay made by corteco but I was wary of the brand. I guess comp thinks they are good.

·
Gone Fisting!
671 Posts
Coretco i belive is like a knock of brand of Comp, they use the same moulds i wouldn't quote me on that tho i could be wrong. when i rebuilt my 355ci, Olds motor they Coretco direct from Comps, i ordered Edelbrock ones as well just incase i didn't like them but they have workd flawlessly in my 600hp olds motor so no i wouldn't worry to much about using them.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1968OldsMan said:
Coretco i belive is like a knock of brand of Comp, they use the same moulds i wouldn't quote me on that tho i could be wrong. when i rebuilt my 355ci, Olds motor they Coretco direct from Comps, i ordered Edelbrock ones as well just incase i didn't like them but they have workd flawlessly in my 600hp olds motor so no i wouldn't worry to much about using them.
Nice thanks for the info, I figured they will be fine since comp uses them I just hadn't really heard of them before.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Looking good, You know you have to get the rods resized for the new rod bolts.

·
LS2OMFG
11,490 Posts
Awesome man it seems like it's been forever since you took it off the road to have a "quick" rebuild. Can't wait to see it finished!!

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ralphie said:
Awesome man it seems like it's been forever since you took it off the road to have a "quick" rebuild. Can't wait to see it finished!!
Haha yeah no kidding huh, been a year and a half since I decomissioned it and finally got sick of not driving it!

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Generic0 said:
Looking good, You know you have to get the rods resized for the new rod bolts.
I just took a look at the hotrod 4.3L buildup article, it looks like they modified a set of milodon V8 rod bolts to fit, all they seem to have done is clearance the heads on the bolts. The arp's are already shaped like the stock 4.3L bolts it looks like.

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
MINTSICK said:
I just took a look at the hotrod 4.3L buildup article, it looks like they modified a set of milodon V8 rod bolts to fit, all they seem to have done is clearance the heads on the bolts. The arp's are already shaped like the stock 4.3L bolts it looks like.
ive got arp bolts in my bottom end and they didnt require any clearancing to fit

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tippmann243 said:
ive got arp bolts in my bottom end and they didnt require any clearancing to fit
That's what I like to hear, thanks man!

·
Certified MASShole
4,372 Posts
Sweet Mike!! man that was fast shipping! were gonna need some pics of this crazy buildup.

·
it looks stock.. kinda..
638 Posts
I recommend you take that ARP thread sealer and throw it as far as you can. Every time I tried to use it, I ended up with leaks, and eventually just gave up and used UltraBlack RTV.

Teeleton

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Teeleton said:
I recommend you take that ARP thread sealer and throw it as far as you can. Every time I tried to use it, I ended up with leaks, and eventually just gave up and used UltraBlack RTV.

Teeleton
Really? I'm glad I bought that then! I assume you've had no problems with the UltraBlack RTV?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Nice Mike sounds good man. I can't wait to see what you have done this weekend when I come pick up that hood!!

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dan Plante said:
Nice Mike sounds good man. I can't wait to see what you have done this weekend when I come pick up that hood!!
Thanks man, unfortunately the s10 is in NH at my parents so you won't be able to see shit! I will have the box of parts with me though if you want to stare at them :haha:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts