S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just posting a pic to show kinda what Im working on, Do have a question tho, what's the proper way to drop my distributer in and it be where it should(in time), bring #1 piston to TDC and drop dist. in and doing that should the rotor button be pointing in the #1 direction?.. I have the dist. in just dont think it's in time.

Attachments

·
Mini Trucker For life
628 Posts
That is a damn good looking motor. You didn't mark the distributer before you pulled it out, did you?

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
pop a valve cover and turn it over until both valves on #1 are closed then line up dist. with #1.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DOH, now that I think about it, I see what you're saying, sat it wrong, with both valves closed the chamber would be full of air/gas, thus awaiting the spark... sometimes it's the simple things that make like so complex.

To the other reply, thanks for the compliment on the motor/naa didnt even have a distributer when I got the block..
2 bolt main converted to a 4 bolt, 30 over KB flat tops with reliefs, file fit moly rings, clevette bearings, mellings hv pump, mellings 24402(.520 lift) solid cam, 441 heads pocket ported, 2.02/1.60 valves,roller rockers. should be good for a little tire smoke:cool:

thanks for the suggestion, gonna go rotate that thing now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
my valve covers like that wont fit lol hope u have better luck gettin them to fit than me. and that is a clean motor mine was once that clean.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I donno but I hope they work, I need them to clear my roller rockers, I think, Im going to set the motor forward a good bit so I can use a lwb s-10 drive shaft and hopefully not have to have it shortened, Im running dual electric fans, and a corvette radiator, didnt plan on running a flex-a-lite blade fan anyhow... only one way to find out... try it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts