S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did all the regular tuning stuff n my 88 s10. it has a 2.5L, (fuel filter, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, and plug wires, cap and rotor) and did an oil change, and now it wont start. Iput the firing order back to what it was (1342) but now it is firing too soon, it started up perfectly before i put in all the new stuff...help?

Also where is the oil pressure sending unit located?
this plug has come disconnected and my oil pressure light is on, so that is what i am thinking it is, if anyone has any thoughts on what it is, or where it goes that would be awesome!

Also if it is disconnected would that cause it to not start?

pics:

·
2,679 Posts
The fuel pump won't get + 12volts if the 3 wire oil pressure connector isn't connected to your oil pressure gauge. The engine should fire then quit with it unplugged. I don't have that engine and I don't recall it's location. Look it up if you can't find it.
There is a test lead on the pass fire wall. If you feed it + 12 volts fused power the pump will run and the engine should start.

Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel pump won't get + 12volts if the 3 wire oil pressure connector isn't connected to your oil pressure gauge. The engine should fire then quit with it unplugged. I don't have that engine and I don't recall it's location. Look it up if you can't find it.
There is a test lead on the pass fire wall. If you feed it + 12 volts fused power the pump will run and the engine should start.

Good luck
Hey thanks for the insight, but turns out that plug, or the oil pressure sending unit wasnt even my problem. But i fixd it and got her running all good...with a few timing tweaks :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts