S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 S-10. 2.8 L-V6 with 122,000 miles. Recently my truck started leaking radiator fluid all over the passenger side floor. Seeing this I knew my heater core was shot. I replaced my heater core and the heater hoses. Then I filled the radiator container up with fluid and it starts leaking. So I get a new container and hook it up and fill it with fluid. I drive it and the temperature starts rising and steam starts to come out of the heater blower. Any answers on how to fix this? Could it be that the hoses arent on properly or what??? any suggestions are appreciated

·
Registered
603 Posts
Did you Clear out any air pockets in the system?? When I owned my 2.8. I drilled an 1/8" hole in the thermostat. This allowed any trapped air to escape when the thermostat was closed. Also, leave the radiator cap off, then fill the radiator with fluid, and run the engine until it is hot enough to open the thermostat to make sure that all the air is out of the system. Then put on the radiator cap. Fill the overflow tank, and you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts