S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know what you think...
A guy was selling what he called a Vortec 350 engine with wiring and ECU from a 98 Z71. I went over to check it out and on the drivers side rear of the engine it had the numbers 5.0LG stamped on it. Does that mean it is a 305?
I saw the 5.0 and assumed it was a 305 and not the 350. Am I correct?
BTW: the engine was out of the truck.
Thanks for your input!
Scott

·
Registered
138 Posts
And if it is a 5.0 then it didn't come from a Z71, they only had 5.7's

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I laid out a deposit on a 1998 5.7... motor, trans, wiring and ECU for 1800.00. Though it will be a while until I do the swap, I figured I'd get the motor and spend time cleaning it up and such!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Word of warning! What you just said is the kiss of death if you truly have "the bug". I did that too, and well, spent the next 6 months completely rebuilding the engine top to bottom. It only have 51,000 miles on it, but I guess I wanted ZERO or something,...hell, I don't know. I went ahead and "borrowed" another engine and dropped it in to do a mock-up. Well that engine is now running in my truck and I'm getting ready to put the rebuilt motor in for good now.

Keep your distance unless you have the time and $$ to tinker. I've personally loved every second, but damn it getting expensive! I've spent over $11,000 so far and still don't have paint or the real engine in yet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome to hell, hope you enjoy your stay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts