S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've owned this 1998 S10 for less than a month and Ive already had more problems than i ever wanted. Now its hestiating.

I bought it at the end of october with 62k miles. everything felt strong, then about a week of driving it it started to hesitate under partial throttle. in any gear at any speed, with just enough throttle to maintain speed. I thought it was the plugs so I got a tune up at a local shop. He said he drive it and didnt feel a thing but did the tune up anyways. I drove it home happy cause i didnt feel anything either anymore, But then it started again. The mechnic said hes seen problems with s10 injectors, and said they may be it. He also said the plugs/cap/rotor looked fine and didnt need replacing.

any ideas? If its the injectors, where are they on this POS and how much are some replacments. Its too late to take this thing back to the dealer. Should have bought theyre little warranty, cause they could fix the other problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
did u try ur wires my brother had that problem with his til i changed his wires.
just go ahead and change the cap n rotor as well

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im going to do if this gas system cleaner doesnt work, I doubt it will.

what are some good replacments? just go to autozone? I dont want high performance

·
Registered
619 Posts
my father uses 3m injector cleaner.... threads on to the fuel pressure schrader valve and runs the engine entirly off of the can..... you have to disable the fuel pump too.... pull the fuse or relay...... he has had more success with that stuff than anything else.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts