S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Actually a Ford guy
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got my 95' S10 still running good. About to replace the front discs and rear shoes. I previously stated I would do a rebuild, but I've decided against it. I want to go for a crate motor. From what I've seen, it's cheaper and has what I want to do with my truck. My major issue is that I can't find an LB4 crate motor. It's all L35s or LU3s. I see the LV3 block and I wonder if I can put that in my truck. I just don't know if any of them will fit. I would just like some wisdom and input from the more experienced members of this community.

TLDR; Can later generations of the 4.3 (L35, LU3, and LV3) fit in a 95' S10 4WD.

·
Actually a Ford guy
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Been there Done it
9,246 Posts
Later engines have different heads. You could bolt a 96 up engine in and a lot of stuff would hook up. The wiring would be a nightmare. Call CPW they might be able to build you a harness to use the newer computers in a 95. The one in there now will never control a later engine. TBI has 2 injectors that run continuously. The 96 up has sequential port injection and 6 injectors.
You might be able to put your TBI heads on a later short block, but why use only half a rebuilt engine?

·
Actually a Ford guy
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Later engines have different heads. You could bolt a 96 up engine in and a lot of stuff would hook up. The wiring would be a nightmare. Call CPW they might be able to build you a harness to use the newer computers in a 95. The one in there now will never control a later engine. TBI has 2 injectors that run continuously. The 96 up has sequential port injection and 6 injectors.
You might be able to put your TBI heads on a later short block, but why use only half a rebuilt engine?
Yea, I wouldn't go for just a half rebuild. I'm not a huge fan of port injection but the new engines with more power are very tempting. People recommend just going straight for a V8 but I really like the 4.3. Do you think I could get a number for CPW? Thank you for the response!

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,729 Posts
All you have to do is google Current Performance Wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts