S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Lonewolf
3 Posts
My 95 jimmy Wan start unless I spray starterror fluid in it and it want stay started unless i keep spraying but I don't want to keepdoing it and take the chance and swell my heads aby suggestions

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys, I'm new here I just bought a 2000 s10 4x4 xcab for my 16 year old son. she needed head gaskets so I pulled the motor (4.3) and went right thru it. new bearings, rings, cam, lifters, oil pump, timing chain, anyways just fired her up yesterday and she runs great except for this ticking/knocking. it is coming from directly under the intake. it's not a lower end knock and the lifters are new. it's weird but it sounds like it's right under the intake. oil pressure is great, if I rev it up to 2000 rpm's you can't hear it but anyways any suggestions before I start ripping the intake off. thanks for any help guys and or girls
Bill G

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was all about that stuff in my early 20s, but 25 years of real world hot rodding says the only things you really need to know in 2016: is the LSx V8s are the first and last word for those with money, the Vortec 350 for those without money. The Vortec 7400 for those who need something in-between. Have fun!

·
MySonoma Lover
55 Posts
Re: Engine Tune New Bosch platinums by 30Kmi

I got a 94 Sonoma 26.ooo mi ago I put in Bosch standard platinums, and its never had 1 issue or CEL lamp or code;; so my ? is should I plan to put another brand new set of Boschs by 30k mi

seems logical the answer is Yes or at least by the time, it gets to 33k or 35k, and \esp if it seems to start to run rough, or idle bad when cold, Im in Oregon which is a very mild climate, and also only average 7-11 K mi; per year, and always use the good parts , including OIL, im a Valvoline and Mobil fan,

your sincerest Sonoma Lover JJ:nerd:

·
MySonoma Lover
55 Posts
...... I have already sale my '94 TBI manifold and TB with all the sensors from my '94 engine to a '95 CMPI vortec. I know the sensors are of slightly because the here block "breaths" better, has better heads, better cam, etc that have it 40+ more HP. Problem is this.. I have not put the HEI coil on this bear get. Anyone have that crystal ball that can for see any issues? Its my ONLY driver, and if I have it apart for another who ....had a good weekend

give her some roses and chocolates when you schedule the Repair and maintenance Sonoma lover
and Hope she accepts it all
:)[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 93 S10 4.3 converted to carburetor the alternator I have has a small two wire plug I'm assuming going to the computer when I unplug the computer will it work or do I need to change it too early model alternator

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,221 Posts
I have a 93 S10 4.3 converted to carburetor the alternator I have has a small two wire plug I'm assuming going to the computer when I unplug the computer will it work or do I need to change it too early model alternator
Couple of things...

Welcome to the forum.

Your post is difficult to follow without punctuation.

Make a post in the Electrical/Lightin section and you'll get more views/answers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I’m new to the site and just had a few questions about a 4.3 engine .
Can anyone tell me if a 4.3 motor from a 1998 s10 blazer will work in a 1993 s10 blazer both are 4x4

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,221 Posts
Hello I’m new to the site and just had a few questions about a 4.3 engine .
Can anyone tell me if a 4.3 motor from a 1998 s10 blazer will work in a 1993 s10 blazer both are 4x4
Not without a lot of wiring work. You should re-post in the 4.3/262 section for more answers.

·
the new guy
906 Posts
dang, its been years since I have seen all that stuff in that much depth. I thought about testing out of those classes when I went to a&p school but I didn't. I am glad I didn't because there is so much stuff you learn that is so far beyond what a normal auto or heavy equipment mech learns

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello i have a 91 s10 with v6 swap it with 350 with t5 trans it turns and everything but wont go into gear at all only when its off and its standard trans 5 speed ...any suggestions

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,221 Posts
Hello i have a 91 s10 with v6 swap it with 350 with t5 trans it turns and everything but wont go into gear at all only when its off and its standard trans 5 speed ...any suggestions
Seans thread was more informational than a discussion.
post your question in the section I suggested in our pm's and more people will see it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your Rs 99 hosting posts very interesting fact after reading. I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Most definitely a few good reads , that article about the exhaust is very informative !!
Thanks for the write up & posting , very appreciative !!!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts