S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Landmine Carburetor
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck started running like poo, idling REALLY rough and would eventually die. So i got a generic code reader from a friend and it threw the codes... PO108 and PO302
108 said somthing about manifold barometric pressure and 302 said misfire on #2 cylinder. I'm going to go ahead and change the plugs and wires, but what about the first code? Does GM have a better explanation for these codes? I'm not really sure about all of this, I hate computers....j/k, but anyway any info would be great thanks alot....

·
Landmine Carburetor
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 108 says the MAP sensor is reading too high. So i'm gonna try and check the connections to it, but where is it? I don't have a clue, and if any of you guys has a website that shows a diagram or some schematics of a 4.3 it would be awesome...thanks alot

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just had the same problem a couple days ago.. the map sensor was reading a high output.. i just bought a new one at NAPA and stuck it in.. you can find the MAP sensor on top of the intake manifold to the left of the throttle.. there is a socketed wire going into it.. you have to take that wire off, then pull the sensor upward. it slides right off.
i also had the misfire code come in as well.. i went and bought some fuel cleaner.. i cleared the codes, and so far they havent come back (knock on wood).

·
Landmine Carburetor
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome...glad it doesn't seem too hard. I just found some other forum somewhere where a guy had a Grand Am throw those codes out too, and, also, he just changed the MAP sensor and fixed it. What was really wierd was i just put a cold air intake on the night before, and thought i screwed somthing up, didn't know how I could have by switching it out intakes, but I changed it, then my truck started screwing up. But thanks again....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts