S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"rolling BareIsm"
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
traction bars are ussually a good idea for this but i know lake wood has custom bars for that at around $60.00. a slightly cheaper route is onei just learned about, the helper spings you can get at pepboys, autozone, etc. all just place them to the front section of your leaf springs before the rear axle and it kills wheel hop. i just learned this from my brother who has a 90's some thing comachee w/ an inline 6, I've yet to see him have a wheel hop problem. Just FYI!!!

·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
Are there any pictures available showing the exact placement of these things on the leafs??

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
you can go an even cheaper route by using some u-clams to mash down the ends of the leaf springs.

·
"rolling BareIsm"
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, Forums are such a think tank, and i am very grateful for that

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
I dunno what you mean, place them toward the front section of the leaf springs? Do you mean clamp down the helper leafs with 2 u-bolts on just the front section of the leafs, between the perch and axle? Just tryin to clear things up..

·
SNAUSBERRIES!!!!
194 Posts
Hmm... that sounds nice, lol when i got my truck yesterday my first attempt at a nice burnout failed horribly, revved up some, held the rpm steady, and dumped the clutch. Lol, i thought the truck was gunna jump off the ground, ill def try the clamp idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts