S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
the new guy
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone happen to know the size of the metal line that threaded into the exhaust manifold? I need ot know so I can get a plug to go in its place because the one on my son's 92 was loose and leaking so we unscrewed it from the manifold to try and fix but when it came out, it left all its threads in the manifold.

we took the whole thing off and found a similar sized brass nipple but it wasn't perfect and popped out when he was driving yesterday. we threaded it in until we felt it would become stripped but I would like to find something in iron pipe to try and thread in better and maybe put a tack weld on one edge to keep it from coming loose.

anyone got an idea on the holes size?

·
Boozebag
9,045 Posts
Suggestion:
Have a MIG welder? Weld it shut.
If not, a weld shop may charge you small $$ to do the job.

·
the new guy
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of doing that but I need some kind of piece to put into to weld it shut. the hole is very large, like 1 1/4 or something wrench to remove the part that was in it.

I was just hoping to find a plug to fit in and then tack it down or something similar. if I have to cut something and then weld into the hole, I will, its just a little more draw/cut from metal before welding in place

·
the new guy
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how funny. I was googling what the metal hose is called and when I typed smog pump, s10 forums came up in the search hits and this pic showed up

there is the little part I am looking for with the hose that 90s over to the smog pump on the exhaust manifold, right above the starter

·
the new guy
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that explains why the engine had a weird tensioner that pulled backwards on it. the old engine had this mod already. this new engine had the smog pump but no ac so I was going crazy trying to figure out why the dang belts no longer fit. thank you guys

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
AC & Non AC trucks have different size crank pulleys too FYI. I found that out when I tried to do the Smog Pump delete on my old 2.8.

·
the new guy
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its very hard to find a 7/8th plug. none of the local places carries an oil pan drain plug that large. I am probably going to have to just weld it up

·
the new guy
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we did that originally. and put a cap on it but it blew out. I ended up going through the bin with the napa guy and found a 7/8-14 so I wrenched it in. I think its not coming out, ever

·
Boozebag
9,045 Posts
Solution:
Headers...

They don't have those goofy IMOGYs any more, so I can't put a laugh on this.
The new version of this forum is beat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts