S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a '95 - '96 2-door Blazer, was there either electronic or manual 4X4 engagment, or are all 2nd gen's electronic??

Also, which one is more reliable?

Thanks,

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
I know 97 has Electric not sure about reliabilty / year numbers,

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
If thats the case then Electronic would be much more reliable :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Manual is more reliable. However, electronic is convenient, isn't it?

·
Registered
211 Posts
manual is more reliable....basically, anytime you throw electrical crap in anything, there is a higher chance of something not working. often with say pushbutton 4x4 engagement, you pretty much just assume it went into 4wd when you hit the button. with manual, when you shift it into 4wd, you will know it if it does not go into gear right away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know i'm new here but my mom has a 96 that comes with the manual engagement, but my 96 lt i just got has the elec. But i would have to agree with SWTexasBlazer that the manual is more reliable.

·
V8 Member
2,808 Posts
well the mechanical isnt all that great either, you may engage the transfer case but there is still a locker type thing in the front that relies on vacuum.

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
I've seen a 95 Jimmy with the manual setup.But my 96 has the push button.I prefer the manual,I feel like I'm actually doing something when I pull back on the shifter.The button is just too easy,it takes the fun out of 4wheelin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts