S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be curious to hear if anyone has any troubleshooting ideas for the "encoder motor" and/or Transfer case module / switch. I have a 1997 blazer that the 4x4 is going crazy. it will engage, then not disengage. blows fuses. not good, any help would be appreciated! - JIM

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
electronic transfer case. no auto-trac. 4hi, 4lo, and 2wd buttons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like a NVG233 does the option sticker say NP1? I have an electrical shematic for a 1999 if that would help?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 92 jimmy s-15 4wd with elctronic dash switch. I had all sorts of trouble getting it to shift into 4wd. Bad rocker switch, bad module, and ultimately a bad encoder motor. Now it works fine everytime.

I was told by the tranny shop that up to 98, both Ford and GM used this encoder motor for electronic switching and the encoder motor almost always went out.

I tried via the internet, and word of mouth, to find a new encoder motor without going to the GM dealer, but found nothing other than a few used ones that ended up being junk, even though they were guaranteed.
So I ended up getting one from the dealer at the cost of somewhere around $425. As far as I could find out its the only place to find a reliable one unless you get lucky.
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts