S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now really does this work? :confused: and can I make one for a fraction of the cost? This guy is based here next to me, he is willing to give me a discount of 40% I just want to hear from my fellow 2.2ers and what they have done..:cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think the drag on the alternator that thing would cause at 50amps would outweigh the horsepower gain. Just my opinion though

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good point... did you see the Dyno charts on the site?

·
Registered
893 Posts
300 for a 5 hp avg increase?? ummm NO!!! unless your runnin out of ideas, the JET chip cost less and it does more

·
Registered
49 Posts
I didn't even bother to check the dyno results. I'm not even impressed with the idea.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah... Why not just put a leaf blower on the end of the intake... I have one that blows 180 MPH wind, and for a lot less than $300.

DogP

·
Registered
280 Posts
i have seen someone talking about a leaf blower before. i think it was on the s-seriesforum

but its still funny as sh!t

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
this might be a stupid ? but does puttin a leaf blower at the intake really work?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would think so, as long as you made sure it was sealed and air only came in through the filter. You can't use compressed air on the K&N style air filters, so you couldn't use a leaf blower from the outside of the air filter. You would also need either a 12V blower, or a power inverter. It could look something like this :) . BTW - I can't believe I made a diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When would you turn it on? and how?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
OMG!!! PEOPLE ARE THINKING ABOUT THIS....

Oh ya, you'd turn the blower on when you wanted to move faster, otherwise it would just suck the air in......

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Oh ya, manual toggle switch in the cam to turn the blower on and off

Caleb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thinking about what, the fact that we would like to know a little more about it. Rather than being naive before we invest in something like this. Ha ha manual switch in the cam RIGHT.
Since you seem to be so smart in the area why don’t you just accept the fact that there are not people that are as smart as you. Do you have an electric charger (blower)? and how did you wire it? Some people have put a switch behind the gas peddle, in your experience is that the best place?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
DogP said:
I would think so, as long as you made sure it was sealed and air only came in through the filter. You can't use compressed air on the K&N style air filters, so you couldn't use a leaf blower from the outside of the air filter. You would also need either a 12V blower, or a power inverter. It could look something like this :) . BTW - I can't believe I made a diagram.
I can't believe you made it either.....hahaha.......that is great!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Hey if someone wants to make me a bonnet for my tbi i'll test putting a leaf blower on my 4.3 and tell ya what it does!

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean cam I MEANT Cab......LOL my mistake......as in the inside of the truck....and I wasn't referring to the electricsupercharger I was meaning the leaf blower idea for forcing more air into the intake LOL

As far as this electric supercharger.......I'm not sure how its all run, but I bet all it'd have to it have power, ground, a toggle, and all the computer hookups...probably wouldn't be too hard to wire, than instead of having a manual toggle switch, hook the power up to something that comes on when the truck is on, and off when the truck is off so that, like a real supercharger, its making power all the time.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AWESOME, That sounds great... I could not imagine someone being that carcastic... LOL insert a manual switch in the CAM. So really would it be worth it? ($69.00 for a black and decker 12 amps motor with 200 mph peak velocity at sears). Time and testing... etc

Seeing all the replys in here I can see how there is controversy
1. it would draw to much power fomr Alternator (decreasing the effect of HP)
2. Costs to much to add 5-10 HP (electricsupercharger.com)
3. It is a last resort to doing something if your board.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You could attach a motor speed control to the throttle cable, so the fan moved faster the more the pedal is pressed. If you didn't have the fan move, the air probably wouldn't move through enough when it was off.

DogP

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I dunno, if you wanna do it, do it, tell us how it goes.....

I've dubbed my S-10 Uncle Ben as in domestic rice........so I'd actually be interested in doing something like this, not mainly for power, but for laughs......I'm gonna try to make it faster though, and this doesn't give you too much HP.......so I'm gonna try some bigger power mods from that

www.dragevolution2200.com website.......

If you go through with this, tell us how it goes, I'd like to know!!

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Here, wait....you think you can make one of these using that black and decker motor for $69 bucks......

DO IT!!! I really want to see it and would be totally interested in how it turned out......

Caleb

1 - 20 of 65 Posts