S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 GMC Sonoma 4.3L V6 5 speed
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1994 GMC Sonoma is having a bit of a weird issue. My interior dome light does not work when I open the doors. However it will illuminate when I have the doors closed and the headlights on. I also have no dash lights. What could be causing this?

·
Been there Done it
10,897 Posts
Headlight switch? Fuses? New radio wired wrong?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like all those things are controlled by the headlight switch olddeerslayer mentioned. I'd start there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A couple of things I know from a 93. There is a push button switch in the door jam that grounds the light when door is open. Should be no ground at light, made that way, plastic thing. I had a short in mine and had to run new wire to it, but to even do that, removed old foam dash with putty knife, replaced with piece of plywood, painted it (kind of sick looking as it was in miserable condition).
The dash light may go on by turning the dimmer thumb wheel to the right, next to light switch (full bright). On mine most of the dash light bulbs were burn't out (behind the speedometer), got new ones on ebay for cheap and choice of color. They twist into a circuit board. Have to remove speedometer assembly on the 93, 94 was different series of s10.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts