S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any electrical gurus on tonight? I have a question...

Background:
'84 S-10 Blazer 4x4
bought last summer
lots of problems, but it was cheap and I needed something to do
work with electronics on the job, so I have a pretty good technical knowlege...just no experience with car/truck electrical.

Problem:
Batt Volts drop to around 9V when I turn on the AC or the headlights. In this state, the brake lights and turn signals don't work. Without AC or headlights, runs at a strong 13.5 or 14V. Turn signals and brake lights work fine. Could I have a short somewhere, or do you think my battery and/or alternator just can't handle the load? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.............alleybaba

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
The only thing that I can think of is that the alternator might be bad. Take it to pet boys and have them test it. If that is not the problem then ask them to test the battery for you. It should be free to have all of the test done. Once you do thes tests that should tell you if that is the problem or not. if it is the problem, then job done. if not then that is not the problem and you know you can look in other places

EcKo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, ecko. i'll try. don't think that's going to be it, tho, since everything works fine til i turn on the headlights... maybe. i'll post again when i find something out.

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
That is just a place to start. But you never know that just might be it. but hay i am just trying to help where i can hope you find the problem soon ecko

1 - 5 of 5 Posts