S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the truck started once we put it back together and then once you rev the motor really high or get on the accelerator it dies completely. Then when you go to restart the truck, the battery is just dead. So then we jumped the truck and it ran while being hooked up to another car but once we took off the jumper cables the truck died like 5 minutes after. We then changed the battery and it fired right up but then died again once we got on the gas pedal. So then we went ahead and changed the alternator and the truck wouldn't start even though we charged the battery. Is it possible the old alternator fried the amps of the new battery? Or what else could be the problem? It's a 1995 S-10 Pickup 2wd w/ a 4.3L V6 type W.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, we used the multimeter to check all the wires and make sure they're good. It's wierd cuz the truck starts when you jump it from another vehicle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took my alternator out and took it to Napa cuz the truck won't drive that far w/ it in. The guys at Napa put it on the machine and tested it and said it was fine. So now I'm really stumped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts