S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am currently in the middle of a 2.8 carb-350 carb swap. problem is i have wires i disconnected from the 2.8 i dont think i need, at least i think i dont need them. I am not sure what to do with the coolant switch wire or the wires that run to the carb (connects to a plate between the carb and manifold. And just wondering what the coolant switch does, it couldnt tell temp right cause there is a temp sensor too. correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
745 Posts
wiring

all you need are the starter wires,the wire for the water guage and oil sending units and the wire for your HEI dist.Dont forget to ground your engine to the chassis and to the cab.Do you have A.C. and what kind of choke do you have on your carb?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Well not sure on the coolant switch wire. but the unit under the carb is a heater and can be removed without a problem. it might be tied into that coolant switch cuz its only supposta be on when its cold.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope no AC I had an electric choke on my carbed 2.8 and my V-8 has a holley 4bbl 650 with electric choke. Same wire for choke will work correct.

·
STRONG LIKE BULL
170 Posts
correct

i know its bad but in my truck i dont have any guages hooked up
no oil pressure
no temp either

i had the stupid idiot lihts in my truck anyways. i always meant to replace them but never had the cash flow to redo my dash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts