S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got some probs, I store my truck for the winter in the yard and every so often go ot and start it up. Well last week I went out to start it up and it only had enough power to turn the nterior lights. So charged up the battery and started up the next day first try.
Then two days ago I went to start it up and the same thing. I then noticed that when the truck was off my 10 disc Cd Changer was staying on. And it is hooked up to the radio so that it should only come on when the radio does. So i pulled the fuse for the radio to cut the power. Well today I put the battery in and it would crank but not start after I charged it up. I finally got it to start and had some probs.
It seems that some of the gauges and lights on my cluster are not working. The tach would not move, nor the speedo when I drove it, nor the temp gauge. But the other gauges worked ok. The daytime runnin lights would not come on,when you put the foot brake on the light did not show up,nor for the highbeams when I tested those. I'm takin it in tomorrow to my mechanic tomorrow. It is under warranty and will be taken care of but what do you think it could be. My dad did say that he had seen a rat hangin around by my truck. He dosen't tell me this until I start having problems. But what do you guys think. :wtf:

thanks for any info

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I have no trip or milege of the truck showing. I'm hoping for blown bulbs.

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
62 Posts
charge the battery over night, i didnt turn on my truck for a year and when i finaly did everything was either not working or dim the after a good charge all went well

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
96SlvrBllt said:
charge the battery over night, i didnt turn on my truck for a year and when i finaly did everything was either not working or dim the after a good charge all went well
Did you try putting the fuse back in? I know that fuse controls more than just the radio.

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
im having trouble, my tach radio and speedo wont work, also my interior light wont come on either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts