S-10 Forum banner

electrical hvlp

973 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  twistedsmily 
#1 ·
Was thinking about flatting my truck with the hot rodz flat black paint in the near future. My only problem is no compressor. So i was checking out some eletrical ones. Has anyone had any exp. with them? Not looking for a show paint job as it will just be a flat black. I was looking at this and only problem i see is that there may not be enough psi to apply the paint? let me know thanks

http://www.gleempaint.com/wagner-control-spray-plus.html

#4 ·
My dad has a Croix turbine HVLP setup that we've painted several vehicles with. It heats the air as well so you don't have moisture problems. I bought it years ago and it still works well. I don't remember what he paid though.

#6 ·
that compressor will not paint a vehicle, maybe a piece at a time, but not all at once

a compressor that small will not only be working 100% of the time but you are also going to have a drop in pressure halfway through the panel

#9 ·
thats a similar style to the one my dad has, but different brand, but he put a larger than stock pump on his, his compressor keeps up with a DA for the most part, after about 20-25 continuous usage i notice a drop in pressure, but its not bad as long as youre only running 1 tool on it

thats also a belt driven pump rather than an oil-less, which is what that first one is... belt style's last much longer, are more efficient, and are a hell of a lot quieter than an oil-less compressor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.