S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an electrical cluster bomb go off in my truck due to a grounding issue. I took everything out and regrounding everything. I’ve replaced everything surrounding the throttle body. Fuel injectors EGR GROMMETS RELAYS ETC. FUEL PUMP AND FILTER IM RUNNING A 230 amp alternator 2 batteries. Kill switch and did the big three. My idle is over 2000 rpm but rides slow ghtly high in gear. Maybe 200rpm above normal. It sounds and feels as though the engine sputters from a lack of fuel. Updiwnupdown. She also leaks water from the two pee holes behind the fan on the water pump. I’ve changed the heater hose and lower radiator hose WILL AN ODS 1. SENSOR HELP LOCATE THESE PROBLEMS. She is a 95s10 4.3 vortex. The 96 was the first year ods2 compatible. Need advice

·
Mr Goodwrench's Evil Twin
541 Posts
If you are leaking from the weep holes on the water pump it is time for a new water pump. As for the high idle speed, it sounds like you may have a vacuum leak. If you spray brake cleaner around the intake manifold gaskets (upper and lower) as well as anywhere else vacuum is present (vacuum lines etc) you should be able to find a vacuum leak pretty easily. The idle will change noticeably when the brake clean hits where the vacuum leak is. Also, if your vacuum lines are in poor shape, just replace them all. If you grab one and fold it/kink it and little black crumbs fall off or it exposes small cracks in the vacuum line then it's time to replace them. Being a 95 it likely needs new vacuum lines if it hasn't had them replaced already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts