Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 98 s10 4.3L, recently replaced the whole sound system and decided to add a 320w amp with a 10’ sub. Everything worked fine and it was very clear and loud, not sure what caused my electrical to fry but i was dropping off a friend at house his until the truck turned made a cracking sound and gave up, when i first noticed it i immediately stop it and turned it off and we both got out because i noticed smoke come out the hood. Opened the hood and there was a small fire in the wiring at the left bottom side of the engine. blew it out and saw there was smoke inside the truck coming from the whole dash, i looked around and saw another small fire at the deep left corner where the hood release and e-brake line were. Luckily managed to get a tow back to my apartment and now im stuck and don’t know what to do or where to look. Do i replace all of the wiring and reground everything?