S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I need someone that is good with working with LED's to help me out here. I'm gonna try something different with my taillights and i want to run alot of LED's in them, I'm going to using boards from Radio shack to mount the LED's in and what I need to know is what kind of resistors or whatever i need to change the from the stock bulbs to the LED's, get what I'm gettin at??? lol, sorry for the book, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Nathan:thumbup:

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
That's me

Nathan:

I'm a computer engineer (electrical engineer and computer scientist.) Let me know what you are doing and I'll try to help you out.

You can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

If it's cool I'll do the same to my truck!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Rick

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
Re: That's me

rhenry01 said:
Nathan:

I'm a computer engineer (electrical engineer and computer scientist.) Let me know what you are doing and I'll try to help you out.

You can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

If it's cool I'll do the same to my truck!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Rick
Same here, I'm an engineer as well and I can see what I can do to help, even if I need to dig up those old electronics books.

[email protected]

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Save yourself some money and time. Not to mention pulling your hair out wiring and weatherproofing all those leds :). Was in Pep Boys today. Forget the name of the company but they are selling led replacements for 3156, 3157 etc bulbs with 10 small led's surrounding one large one. May pick them up next week and try them out. Just a thought

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Save yourself some money and time. Not to mention pulling your hair out wiring and weatherproofing all those leds :). Was in Pep Boys today. Forget the name of the company but they are selling led replacements for 3156, 3157 etc bulbs with 10 small led's surrounding one large one. May pick them up next week and try them out. Just a thought
They were probably APC...those LEDs pretty much bite...

Get your LEDs here... http://12.247.154.233/~hzeng/main.htm

·
Club H.A.S.T.E Turtle
408 Posts
I think he is trying to use more than 10 LED's in the rear. Good luck. I have constantly told my g/f that if anybody makes replacement lights like the Caddy,(all LED's) I'm buying them quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts