S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about adding electric fans to my 4.3L Sonoma. Does anybody know if they added any improvement to it. My friend added electric fans to his 01 F-150 he said he could feel a difference. (I also notice he has a lot of problems with them) So would it be worth my time, money, and effort???

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
alot of people go with an electric fan, check out the 262ci (4.3) forum and im sure you will find some threads about it.

K

·
0 Posts
Hello everyone this is my first post here on the S-10 forum. Turns out that electric fans are something I can speek from experience. I have installed electric fans on every new vehicle I purchase. The most recent is my S-10 ZR2 pickup. Typically replacing the mechanical fan with an electric has four clearly detectable advantages.

1. Improved fuel mileage. I had a 1991 Astro van that went from 17mpg to 21mpg simply from the fan.

2. More usable power. This is pretty obvious when you think about it, the engine no longer has the parasidic drag from the fan and that power is now available to drive the vehicle.

3. Quieter operation. The mechanical fan can create a great deal of noise when spinning.

4. Better cooliing in stop and go traffic. I have had vehicles overheat while setting in traffic with mechanical fans. Overheating has never been a problem with an electric fan.

The one downside is that the electric fan does add extra load to the vehicle's electrical system. But I have never found this to be a problem in daily operation.

Anyway those are my observations based on my experience.

Konza,

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys i will check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts