S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
red I want to switch over to a electric water pump from CSI part # 901 and i'm also wanting to switch to electric fan(fans) but i need advice on the fans...i'd personaly rather run 2 fans cause if one ends up failing i can still limp around on the other till i can get it replaced but i want to know what yall think one big fan or 2 smaller ones(2 12" fans to be more exact) Any advice you guys can give would be great thanks!!!! theirs a pic of my truck all it's a 2002 ZQ8 4.3(duh.....why would anyone get a 4 banger) all i got done is a fabricated cold air, glasspack(...i know i know but it dose it's job better then that stock thing i could use as a boat) poweraid TBS, and a ground-down butterfly plate also the i switched over to royal purple and soon the be in the tranny and the rear end(and the cooling as soon as i get this thing figured out)

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
You know that electric water pumps are mainly used for race only applications? If this is a daily driver think of how much that pump motor will be running. If it fails on the road, those cooling fans wont help you out any either. If this is a daily driver (wich I think it is) dont use a electric pump keep the stock one with the fan off and a set of electric fans. MHO

·
Registered
940 Posts
not only that electric water pumps have a hard time keeping you cool with the a/c on stuck in traffic they aren t made for that. you not losing enough h.p. by running hte water pump of a belt to make it worth switching over, now electric fans if you going ot switch get a set of an F-body you want as much air flow as you can get. eletric fans have a hard time keeping things cool in out trucks, if you want to switch do a search the only fans that are worth anything are the f body or taurs fans, but if you are nt haveing any overheating issues i would just leave both alone on a daily driver, and spend the money elsewhere. i kept my stock clutch fan on my truck when it was supercharged and only recently removed it to fit the turbo on, if i could of kept it on there i would of.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I'm running the Flex-a-lite black magic 210 thats a dual 12" setup.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
96s10 said:
I'm running the Flex-a-lite black magic 210 thats a dual 12" setup.
:stupid: Same here. I've also got a 4.3 in a 2002 ZQ8. I love the fan setup and I think it's better than having the stock drag fan.

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
I don't know how much you want to spend, but personally I like to think CHEAP.

Grab the e-fan off a 3.8L ford taurus. do a search for details.

·
Big Red Fire
52 Posts
yeah about pricing....?

i know they can be expensive those efans......... but however i hear they are a good hp gain for about 15-20 hp. so if anyone could drop me a halla on where i could find a cheap one that would be dandy.

later pimps :gunfire:

·
Big Red Fire
52 Posts
i dunno

i heard (that means bs talk between friends) but i know they help alot

·
Big Red Fire
52 Posts
hmm

will they fit 4.3? and how much

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
they help in the higher rpm's when the fan starts to put more drag on the engine...but 15-20 hp? that IS bs.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I would guess closer to 5hp gain maybe. The biggest thing you notice is how easy and freelt the engine revs without the stock fan dragging it.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This truck isn't exactly a "daily driver" i just don't like the water pump and fan takin away HP that could be put to use on the ground...i mean yes this is my daily driver and yes this will be my race truck money isn't an issue here and i think i've been racing long enough to know that if the pump gose out i'm screwed but i had one in my other truck for over 2 years without a single problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts