S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Low and Slow
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an electric fan on my 96 2.2. Tremendous difference! I've read previous posts about others installing theirs and everyone else didn't seem to notice a difference. It definately helped mine, but I think that my clutch fan might have been locked up. Just wanted to let everyone know that it is a cheap mod (spent about 50 bucks on mine) and it's worth it. Peace

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
How did you do the efan for 50 bucks?? I went to auto zone and ended up spending 90 something, and then the damn thermo went out a week later, and I returned the fan and thermo nearly a month later

Caleb

·
Low and Slow
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the fan came from the junkyard ($20) Of course, the thermo from Autozone ($17) and the two relays ($12). I had all the wire and connectors. I also had a set of transmission cooler ties (goes through the radiator and snaps on the other end). Just drilled four holes in the fan and pulled it snug to the raidator. I also wrapped the connections on both relays with electircal tape to prevent any type of water or dirt getting in. If I had a digital camera I'd post some pics. Peace

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
What'd you get the fan off of, a taurus??

Be wary of that autozone thermo.....mine burnt out and my truck overheated and it just wasn't any good at all

Caleb

·
Low and Slow
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea what the fan came from. The junkyard had a pile of them and I went through them to find one that best fit. Thanks for the heads up about the Autozone thermo. Peace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts