S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what type of e-fan i should get for my 89 s10. Going to be buying from summit racing but im not sure what diameter/cfm rating i should go with. also how would i go about taking the stock clutch fan off? Also, do all of the e-fans come with all the wiring needed to install it or do i need to buy that separate?

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
why waste money? all the original OEM efans are better than the aftermarket ones. go grab one from a junkyard somewhere. you'll save alot of money too.

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well which car would i take it out of? i know taurus fans are a good choice but im not sure the year or any of that.

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
early to mid 90s i think

i think the one i got was either 93 or 94 i honestly cant remember

i also got one out of a van, the one im currently using is a dual fan setup that covers the whole entire radiator. i love it. out of a mopar van of some sort...

i think even the ford contour fans would be a good choice, i saw 2 contours with dual fan setups but i couldnt gain enough access to them to get them out...

·
Registered
564 Posts
well which car would i take it out of? i know taurus fans are a good choice but im not sure the year or any of that.
If you want to go with Ford fans - I suspect the preferred units are nine-bladed models from 90-95 Taurus, Sable or Continentals equipped with 3.8L engine.

These are two speed fans, with shroud. They move lots of air and demand higher than average current when running on high.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
If you want to buy new Summit carries a Flexalite S10 specific fan. I have it on my Blazer and has been on 2 previous 4 banger trucks. I used to have one on my 92 Blazer as well. It has all the mounts and wiring and instructions to properly hook it up.

·
King Turd Polisher
559 Posts
The Lincoln Mark VIII is pretty much the holy grail of junkyard upgrade fans, at least as far as Fox-body Mustang guys are concerned. Dunno if the shroud would be too big to fit on an S10/Blazer radiator or not, but they definitely move a LOT of air, have two speeds (lotta guys never even have to use the higher speed), and you can get replacement motors for them at most parts auto stores for a decent price. Usually run around $40 on average at most boneyards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts