S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
you should have a clutch fan.
Flex-a-lite makes the Black Magic -60 fan which is basicly a bolt on.

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
hayden 16 inch. in florida 98 degrees 100 percent humidity stopped in traffic air is Ice cold temp are less than 195. Works great and fits under stock shroud.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How long has the Hayden fan been on there? Any troubles? Easy to install? Instructions? I'M considering this same swap when the dough comes in and I have some time to kill.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you buy one of those "universal" fans, don't use those things that go through the radiator to mount it. They're easy, but not worth it. With the weight and vibration of the fan they will eventually cut through the radiator core (I speak from experience). Make some brackets up from that perforated steel strip you can get at Home Despot or the hardware store.

·
2.2 drifter
1,907 Posts
i have a e fan out of a 96ish monte carlo, works great, just half to buy e fan kit that sets it when to go on and off.

·
SNAUSBERRIES!!!!
194 Posts
Or you could do what i did on my old Grand prix and hardwire the secondary fan (this had 2 fans, one that came on at lower temps and one that came on at like 225*) Anyway i wired the 225* fan to a switch by grounding out the relay thingy and left it on all the time, except on cold mornings if i didnt turn off the fan it would take about an hour to warm up

·
Loves the boost.
145 Posts
Any idea wether or not installing an electric fan if set up to run at a reasonable temperature would void the warranty and, how much improvement has anyone seen from it?

·
Registered
697 Posts
my truck runs at 185º with the efan instead of 195º with the clutch fan, i think thats an improvement since it has a 180º thermostat in it.

·
Show Me Dem Titties
146 Posts
Look in Jegs get the Perma Cool High Performance 16" works great moves MAD air, and BTW who the fu*k cares if it WILL fit under the shroud take the bottom off and never use it again and cut the actual "fan shroud" off the top and just use it for a radiator support........a grinder with a cut-off wheel works the best on the plastic.....the fan shroud is just there to make the sh*tty clutch fan pull air through the radiator.........there is much more room under the hood with out it........and it is actually restrictive with the elect. fan anyway. :stupid::bash: :twak:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts