S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new distributor and I now have no signal pulse to injectors.
the pink with blk tracer wire feeds the voltage to both injectors and these
wires originate from the elapsed timer module. Where is this module??
Any help would be great

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's clipped onto the ECM. Below the glove box is a clip with a bolt in it, remove the bolt and the ECM slides down.

Not sure myself if that's your problem though, IIRC the ETM is not a necessary or relevant part.

·
Registered
459 Posts
More info:

I know this thread is old, but I ran across it researching my emission issues. I have the factory service manuals so I thought I would clear this up for future researchers by posting the paragraph from the book:

"E-Cell-2.8L
(Federal Only)
The E-Cell located next to the ECM, is also known as an elapsed timer module or a cold start program modifier. The E-Cell is an emission device that is an enrichment signal to the ECM for abour 4 seconds during cold start. After an elapsed time of operating hours, the signal is no longer required and becomes inoperative."

It's a federal device so if you have a California truck you don't have the ETM.

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,268 Posts
It's only on the 87. You don't really need it period. I converted my truck to the EFI system and wired it up originally with an 87 harness. I had the spark module, but was told by others as well it served no purpose. I caused no issue with it missing. If I were you, I'd be looking at the coil and the wiring connection to it from the switch. Sounds like what happened to me with mine when I put the EFI on it. Look at my EFI swap thread on my signature. Hope it helps.

What is interesting is that it "dies" after so many operating hours...Self destruct as it were!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
jimmykicker
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing