S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yeah its sony...yeah its cheap...yeah its not the greatest....yeah i like it

anymore questions?

well...heres what i got done so far...ran all the wires under the carpet, hooked up the EQ, ran the power, got a temporary ground on and put in all the replacement speakers & amped them.

All i got left to do is build a box, cut off the jack mount, finalize the ground, hook up the rest of the stuff to the prerun lines and turn up the volume

heres a few low quality shots for yall

BTW this is my first ever system and i did most of the install myself

Attachments

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx...i appreciate you not hatin on it cuz its sony...which by the way i dont think sounds that bad :dunno:

heres what i got left to do mainly...just get this out and hook up the amp for the subs and build a box...good thing is i got all the lines already run so the install should only take like 20 mins.

Attachments

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
whats the box going to lok like? you're lucky - i have a standard cab im trying to squeeze 2 MTX Thunder 8000's into.

·
12,507 Posts
you might want to check the specs on the sub, i know that i have to change to ported boxes because the enclosure is WAY too big for a regular sealed box to work. how many subs?

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks...i dunno really why people hate on it? maybe like slow10's sig says "cant argue with ignorance"....which is why most people that never even used sony anything say it sucks. Furthermore, if you look at their reviews, the new sony line of woofers is actually supposed to be quite good.

BTW muddy...im gonna have 2 subs, in a sealed box...calling for 1 cube per sub...so i think i should have more than enuff room for 2 cuFt across the whole ext cab...and the woofers call for a sealed enclosure so im just gonna follow specs

·
12,507 Posts
hey SMNW2003..little help with the boxes (other thread?). the color does match good, make sure and get some pics of it when its all finished!

·
12,507 Posts
ok, my box came out to about 3 cuft, and the reccomended sealed was only .5-1 cuft, with best at .63 cuft, thats why i decided to go ported, cuz the box is way bigger than efficient sealed size

1 - 20 of 30 Posts