S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the part # is or can look at the part itself for the tube that connects from the left side exhaust manifold to the intake manifold?

·
"factory freak"...
8,601 Posts
have you called a dealer for the part #? i dont think the tube has the part # on it.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I have a friend that works at a dealership if you need me to give him a call just let me know what year your truck is.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan Plante said:
I have a friend that works at a dealership if you need me to give him a call just let me know what year your truck is.
That would be great, 2000.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
You could have mine, i'd have to block the tube off first at the header though. Might be a few weeks before i get around to that.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I did order tunercat today so if I can't source one at a junkyard I'm just not going to worry about it for inspection, I doubt the goons will notice it missing or not.

·
"factory freak"...
8,601 Posts
give it a try and see. if they notice it missing, they will likely just tell you to fix it and bring it back? did you trow your old tube away?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crew Cab Sonoma said:
give it a try and see. if they notice it missing, they will likely just tell you to fix it and bring it back? did you trow your old tube away?
More like mangled it when I removed the engine I think, I know it's not on the left manifold so I doubt I have it anywhere. Ya, I will just leave it off and cap the manifold and see what they say.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
You should be able to just shut it off with your tunercat when it comes in. Then with the cap on it you should be all set. If not you will throw a code and not pass inspection.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dan Plante said:
You should be able to just shut it off with your tunercat when it comes in. Then with the cap on it you should be all set. If not you will throw a code and not pass inspection.
Right, I know I can turn it off I am just slightly worried about the inspection guy noticing the tube missing and failing me on a visual.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
MINTSICK said:
Right, I know I can turn it off I am just slightly worried about the inspection guy noticing the tube missing and failing me on a visual.
Just slip him a Washington, he'l pass you.:cool:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
They don't even look for it when they do a visual. All they do when they do the visual here in MA is just check your ball joints and that is it. The rest is done on the OBD2. As long as there is no code you won't fail.

With that tunercat can you tune more than 1 vehicle with it??

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dan Plante said:
They don't even look for it when they do a visual. All they do when they do the visual here in MA is just check your ball joints and that is it. The rest is done on the OBD2. As long as there is no code you won't fail.

With that tunercat can you tune more than 1 vehicle with it??
Damn right I can! No, it doesn't come complimentary with the hood swap :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts