S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98' vortec 350 and im in need of some help. I Have ceramic coated headers on it and there are no provisions for the EGR tube to go into the exhaust. Im not sure what to do. I would like to remove it because I don't need it as it will not be my daily driver and will be registered as a weekend kinda thing. Can I just remove the return tube, put a plug in the hole. Then take off the EGR solenoid and put a plate over the EGR holes. Then reprogram the computer so that it doesn't retard timing and other BS, pretty much removing the EGR from the system? Is it that easy or do I need to tweak other little things so that my engine doesn't throw any SES lights, or run to rich or lean? Thanks in advance. Bryan.

PS. I did a search and couldnt find anything pertaining to my application.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Remove it all, block off the holes, and reprogram the ECM. That's about it.
I had the whole actually welded up in the lower intake and then made a nice carbon fiber block off piece just to cover the hole on the outside on mine. Looked much cleaner on the front of the intake without the EGR stuff, and it made installing the headers a lot easier, it's pretty tight in the back where that tube was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts