S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IT IS SUCH CHOICE
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 4.3 tbi w and i was wondering where abouts it is and how do i go about cleaning it. also, how much does a new one cost?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
if my mem. is right its to the left of the alt? and in is about 4 inches tall and about 2inches wide (cylinder) and 2 bolts hold it on just unplug the wires and it has 2 holes one open and another with what looks like a torx screw in it and just get brake cleaner and shoot it up in there to where it move free not sure about cost check autozone.com

·
IT IS SUCH CHOICE
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. go all s10s have it? or just some depending on the engine

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
gpwrastler said:
if my mem. is right its to the left of the alt? and in is about 4 inches tall and about 2inches wide (cylinder) and 2 bolts hold it on just unplug the wires and it has 2 holes one open and another with what looks like a torx screw in it and just get brake cleaner and shoot it up in there to where it move free not sure about cost check autozone.com
NO no no. If it's a TBI, then its mounted on the intake manifold behind the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
91S104x4 said:
NO no no. If it's a TBI, then its mounted on the intake manifold behind the throttle body.
shit i was think of my 96

·
Registered
475 Posts
91S104x4 said:
Right. I used carb cleaner and a tooth brush to clean mine. If you can get ahold of a screened gasket they work well. There is a screen covering the openings so that carbon chunks can't get stuck on the valve keeping it open.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Mike1234 said:
Right. I used carb cleaner and a tooth brush to clean mine. If you can get ahold of a screened gasket they work well. There is a screen covering the openings so that carbon chunks can't get stuck on the valve keeping it open.
ask and ye shall recieve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts