S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i asked s-series.org members but have not really got a good response. I heard this site has some pretty dedicated members and would like to know if anyone here as heard of this EGR mod being offered by s10planet.com here is the link http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/ProductListing.aspx?GID=4624293&Dept=146634

I have done every bolt on mod and am interested in this one, just never heard of it. CAn any 1 help me out. Thanks

·
AZX in PHX
189 Posts
Thanks for that link.. I have been researching this mod, not this current one, but on another s10 forum a guy setup an EGR Restrictor plate.. It costs 20 bucks and he is giving me info about it.. The EGR mod is supposed to do a nice increase of power..

·
Registered
12 Posts
EGR plate

I made my own block-off plate. It does seem to help and it get's rid of any hesitation BUT, now my SES light comes on. disconnected the battery for 30min, which will reset everything but the light will come back on in a day or so.:confused: :confused:

·
AZX in PHX
189 Posts
TRhe guy who makes this plate said the same thing.. YUou dont block it off completely.. You restrict it so that less EGR is recirculated.. He said he doesnt have any problems with it, but it doesnt block EGR completely..

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
hmmmmm, i might have to look into that mod as soon as my ride is back on the road

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I own one of these mods and help test it out. Its does work very well infact. There are 2 different one's. One that Vortec makes that is basically a plate where the valve sits and one that Planet.com is selling, which is the fitting. I have the fitting and it works well , I tried the coke can plate and it doesnt work as well at all. When I got it the instructions said that if there was and SES light it would be for low Egr and all that would need to be done was open the hole up to satisfy the OBD2. I didnt have and SES. It works, I like it:guitar:

Anyone that knows FastXtreme from xtremeowners.com, he got one also to help test it out, ask him!!

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
has this guy got one for a first gen 4.3 Z engine?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
TECHRF said:
has this guy got one for a first gen 4.3 Z engine?
The first Gen's are easy, just find the EGR line going to the intake and simply plug it off. I did that on both my first Gens', they dont have the self test like the 2nd's do and there alot smaller of a line, so dont expect as much of a gain.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I have a dumb question....WTF does that thing go exactly? The fitting I mean...I looked around for a bit, but couldnt find anywhere that it looked like it would fit...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its

cool trick, I just ordered me one. I will see what happens. I love anything that will help my truck get the extra edge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, 964pt3, I have a first gen 4.3 and I am currently receiving a code 32 (EGR trouble) My truck occasionally dies when decelerating, is there any way I could do this mod without replacing the EGR valve (or could I somehow delete my EGR valve or block it off ) without receiving SES codes?
If so let me know what to do.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Anything running a OBD1 is considered first gen. Block it off, no self test on these, but make sure you clean the seat and valve tip, right now its stuck open, thats the problem your having and you dont need or want that vaccum leak.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Just so I understand this right. What you are saying is that first gens can completely block off the egr plate without receiving a code?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
According to all the info Ive been through the EGR self test for the system came out with the OBD2. You could, and repeat could but not sure get and SES light for earlier years for something else, but not a SES for low egr., that may have to do with a ping problem. But my 85 and 89, none at all, blocked off totally.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just checked and I beleive that my EGR valve is indeed stuck.
I can put put my finger on it but it barely moves and it pretty deed inside the housing. So I want to block it off.
How do I go about blocking it without creating a vacuum leak?
Do i need to do something with the valve itself or can I just plug the line going to the base of the TBI?
Thanx for the help!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Plug the line at the base of the TBI . That'll do it, the best way is to cap the line off and cap the port on the TBI or use a setscrew in the line that fits tight.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts