S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The S-10 Scrub
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has be asked over and over, but im really looking in to buy the EGR limiter piece from s10planet.com and i want to know all of the pros and cons before i spend $48 bucks!!! anything would be helpful! thanks!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
He taking the Place of Planet doing these. They are aluminum, cheaper to make, just use never seize when installing them. He gets them from the same place Planet did!!! I put complet faith in him and will back him personally since I am the maker of them, and always have been!!!

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
thanks for the props 964pt3. yes i have sold several on this board, icedime and kustomeyez01 have both bought from me for 2 references. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=637103#post637103 is a link to my forsale on them

back to the question at hand, pro's of doing it, it gives you more low end torque, which really is helpful if you do the TB mod which causes you to lose a tad of low for the high end response. easy install, takes like 45 min with basic hand tools.

if your not happy with it, lemme know, send it back, and i'll refund all but the shipping costs. tho i dont think anyone is gonna take me up on this. if you do a search on the board im sure you will find plenty of good results from people.

any specific questions feel free to ask, otherwise PM me for paypal info.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i bought one from 964pt3 also, very good quality, worked very well and still does!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
I just installed one on mine, the engine runs cooler, all my hesitation is gone and its deff. got some more power

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
does the limited get clogged up like the egr does? since the holes are smaller?
It could , but 4+ years on my 96 Noma and it never did. I will assume it kept the egr gas speed up helping it stay clean.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Over a few hundred that have done either way via fitting or homemade plate have seen 1- 1 1/2 MPG increase, myself included!

·
The S-10 Scrub
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh so i just got mine from bill. It only took me and a friend like 4 hours to put on *rolls eyes* we had engine coolent all over the place, we're no car mecahnics but we got it finished, id say its a lil better in low to med gears. I also broke an all-tread screw that holds down my TB. How do i go about taking the TB off and the black box thing under it? And is it hard? I just need to get part of the stud out of the manifold, cause it broke, and i only have like 2 bolts holding the TB down... that cant be good? Anyways!!

Props to bill, good service, he talked to me alot on AIM, got product fast, for $26 a buck more he sent me anti-seize too, casue im lazy and didnt want to go find any :D Id suggest getting the EGR from him!

·
The S-10 Scrub
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well i disconnected the metal black hose thing thats kinda the shape of an S, and fliud went all over... I loosed the radatior cap to loosen the pressuere idk what happend, but i lost about half of my fluid, i had to make room to get a wrench in there :( I couldnt use a vise, nothing was going right that day lol

Edit: I forgot to ask, whats the black thing that sits ontop of the intake manifold, and under the TB, and is it hard to take off?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts