S-10 Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
"factory freak"...
8,601 Posts
You can just unplug it.
The electric EGR valves won't open without power supplied to them.
Unplugged, they are functionally equivalent to a block off plate...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well I just unplugged it, and it did not work....I was having problems before and it could be stuck open......so why even buy a block off plate?

·
"factory freak"...
8,601 Posts
To get rid of that unsightly valve...
Plus, it permantly fixes stuck EGR valves.
Getting rid of the tube to it is the real benefit though.
A 2002-up intake manifold is the best way to get rid of it.

And your problem may, or may not be EGR related.

·
Phuck the police!
260 Posts
I just deleted the egr on my cpi and man is this thing smooth now!

I feel like if my midrange power has been freed up pretty good. I left the egr valve pugged in but zip tied it out of the way between the throttle body and the ac compressor.

Its the plate from custom billet works in albany or.

I drove up there from springfield today and met the guy in person! Actually a great dude :)

I get an occasional ses light for the egr but will turn off after a few minutes.
I notice mileage has increased a little too! Probably during cruise where the engine isnt breathing its own sh¡t anymore.

A WORTHWILE MOD!

·
Registered
507 Posts
To get rid of that unsightly valve...
Plus, it permantly fixes stuck EGR valves.
Getting rid of the tube to it is the real benefit though.
A 2002-up intake manifold is the best way to get rid of it.

And your problem may, or may not be EGR related.
It is always the egr valve lol. It will be stuck open with pebbles of carbon it's terrible

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive had my EGR deleted and disabled in the PCM tune like a year or 2 ago. I have had no ill effects because of it. I don't think there is a down side except for causing more pollution. Some might say you'll get worse fuel mileage but I don't see how. My mileage hasn't suffered any.

As from as the pro's go.... You won't get hot filthy exhaust gases pumped into your engine. Should have less hesitation when you accelerate. You won't have to worry about the POS getting clogged up and you got a little less sh!t in the way when you're working on it.
how did you disable the pcm? I bought a 99 s10 with 4.3 and come to find out the guy switched it with a newer motor with no egr and I can't pass inspection until I disable the pcm and it stops
Throwing the damn egr code

·
Administrator
22,387 Posts
You need to check the post dates before you post. This thread is 10 years old. You can start your own thread and post a link to this one if you feel it's relevant.

Attached is a link to the S10 Forum Rules...

Thread closed.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts