S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
i just wanted to show everyone that ebay block off plate i bought so errrrryone has an idea of what its like and what not...15.29 was the cost of it...haha...i like it so far, and they use allen head bolts so it looks better and what not...

·
98 s10 ext cab v6 5 spd
32 Posts
have you been driving with that motor? because i took off the pully next to the alternator and my belt would squeel soooo bad and the volts would go down.

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
have you been driving with that motor? because i took off the pully next to the alternator and my belt would squeel soooo bad and the volts would go down.
ya, i got a different belt though...mine doesn't squeak...the belt i got was 85.5 inches long.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm thinking of doing this on my 93 CPI as well. Can't figure out any other reason that my truck won't idle correctly.

ATP---can you post a picture of yours installed? Did it come with bolts as well?

·
Ω Master Jedi Ω
51 Posts
yeah the block off plate comes with two new allen head bolts,
the restrictor plate comes with two new longer regular type bolts.

·
Registered
639 Posts
yeah the block off plate comes with two new allen head bolts,
the restrictor plate comes with two new longer regular type bolts.
Thanks. I realized that after I asked. I bought the restrictor plate and didn't notice a bit of difference. Hopin' the block off plate will fix my idle issue and I'll get the code tuned out in the future.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Alright so I did the marine intake manifold swap and this deletes the EGR I left it plugged in and just hanging there. I will turn it off on the computer here soon. After I turn it off in the computer I can unplug it right? Also is there anywhere else that I might need to use those restrictor plates and block off plates? Anything in the exhuast anywhere that I need to blcok off?

·
Dig Or Die=I Die
2,022 Posts
Yeah, there's a metal hose going from the driver side exht manifold to the intake manifold. At the time I removed mine. The parts store didn't have the right size plugs to plug the holes. So I cut off the ends of the EGR hose and made plugs out of them.

Here's some pic of where the hose goes, some pics of the EGR ends I made into plugs and a piece of aluminum I use to make a Block off plate. You don't have to make the thing the exact same shape as the EGR valve gasket. I just did out of boredom. Wasn't much going on at work that day...

·
Registered
639 Posts
i'm pretty sure my CPI doesn't have anything that goes to the exhaust. Gonna have to check that out

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
i'm pretty sure my CPI doesn't have anything that goes to the exhaust. Gonna have to check that out

Your CPI motor, has an heat crossover port, on the head that supplies the exhaust gas for the EGR

To the original poster,
Do you run an EGR gasket with a screen to prevent debris from getting the EGR stuck part way open?
The Con of removing it, is the the EPA can fine you $10K for tampering with the emissions control system
The Pro to removing it, is with the way OB has the country messed up, the goverment could really use the money, from your fine, and it might help out all the rest of us tax paying slaves, of the mess he created

·
Registered
639 Posts
Your CPI motor, has an heat crossover port, on the head that supplies the exhaust gas for the EGR
That's what I thought. I noticed that when I had the intake off.

So, my point is that I don't have to worry about anything on the exhaust side. All I have to do is install the block off plate and get the computer tuned when I don't want the code anymore.

·
Registered
58 Posts

To the original poster,
Do you run an EGR gasket with a screen to prevent debris from getting the EGR stuck part way open?
The Con of removing it, is the the EPA can fine you $10K for tampering with the emissions control system
The Pro to removing it, is with the way OB has the country messed up, the goverment could really use the money, from your fine, and it might help out all the rest of us tax paying slaves, of the mess he created
The EPA isn't gonna check under my hood. Me and the OP do not have emissions testing anyway, so who cares?

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
The EPA isn't gonna check under my hood. Me and the OP do not have emissions testing anyway, so who cares?
You/re talking about 2 differant things, your state might not check emissions in your area, but the EPA is federal and nothing could stop them from checking your vehicle, if they wanted to

·
Dig Or Die=I Die
2,022 Posts
Yeah I can see some EPA inspector coming up to me with a search warrant to search my truck for environmental violations. LMMFAO!

·
Registered
58 Posts
You/re talking about 2 differant things, your state might not check emissions in your area, but the EPA is federal and nothing could stop them from checking your vehicle, if they wanted to
Yeah, technically they could, but why in the hell would they send somebody to Bleiblerville, TX, home of like 300 people, to check my stock truck?

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
Yeah, technically they could, but why in the hell would they send somebody to Bleiblerville, TX, home of like 300 people, to check my stock truck?
To justify their uselessness, that's how a bureaucracy works

PS Your truck isn't stock, they see your mods in your sig, remember big brother is watching you. Your EGR mod could be the final straw that caused the last required molecule of the ozone, protecting the earth, to be depleted, and cause the final destruction of the planet earth, as we know it. Or maybe I'll just do it, by passing wind

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
lol...wow

·
Registered
58 Posts
To justify their uselessness, that's how a bureaucracy works

PS Your truck isn't stock, they see your mods in your sig, remember big brother is watching you. Your EGR mod could be the final straw that caused the last required molecule of the ozone, protecting the earth, to be depleted, and cause the final destruction of the planet earth, as we know it. Or maybe I'll just do it, by passing wind
My truck IS stock. I have really no engine mods other than a K&N filter, cut open airbox, and the throttle blade mod. Those shouldn't affect emissions. The others are just mods that make my driving experience more enjoyable.

You have know idea about the problems with diesel EGR's. They are a joke, especially on the Powerstrokes. Mine has just been messed up from the factory giving a constant CEL.

This is kinda funny...

·
-JOE-
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
If you're that worried about "big brother" go live in the woods and get off the internet. If the EPA was that eager to find me and fine me, I wouldn't even care...shit luck will find you eventually anyways.

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
If you're that worried about "big brother" go live in the woods and get off the internet. If the EPA was that eager to find me and fine me, I wouldn't even care...shit luck will find you eventually anyways.
The woods ain't no good, I live in a cave lined with aluminum foil and get my internet by piggynacking from somebody else's WiFi signal
If the EPA guys get past the bears that live in the front of the cave, they're not going to get past the vampire bats

21 - 40 of 68 Posts