S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, to make a long story short, CAT went bad had to replace. Cut it BEFORE the flange, and almost half way up where the crossover pipe bends at a 90 degree angle, so no fittings will fit without a leak. Now it just ends at the crossover pipe.

Seeing as how my exhaust is completely F'd up now...what do you think i should do? im not much for mods, so i just wanna keep it stock. Anybody know where i can find a 2.2L crossover pipe from the flex? If at least i have it to the flange, i can fit a fitting inside there temporarily until i buy a direct fit converter.

I'm F'ing mad because my truck has been sitting in the driveway all week while i screw it up more and more! :rant: :rant:

What about GMPartsdirect? Anyone know the part code for the crossover pipe that starts at the flex, and ends at the flange to meet the CAT?

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
no thats for the newer 2.2's(i think i dunno what year they changed it) notice it has the 3 bolt flange instead of 2 bolt like my 95, since yours is a 96 i dont thinkthey changed it.
sorry to disappoint

·
Weeeeeee
2,495 Posts
yeah the 96 has a different flange than 98+
You can try and have an exhaust shop remake the pipe, or you can go to a salvage yard and pull the flex pipe off another 2.2... that's what i ended up doing with my old 2.2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts