·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
Cheap!

·
Administrator
20,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know the person selling...just cruising thru Craugslist and saw it.

·
overthinker extraordinar
650 Posts
Any idea what carbs will fit on this manifold? Holley what??
tia
mark

·
Administrator
20,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think in the description it states any standard 4bolt pattern. Maybe Edelbrock has something on thir site, rvthe links provided in the listiing. I don't know nything about this listinfpg....just saw it on Craigslist.

·
overthinker extraordinar
650 Posts
I am 99% sure it is also sold now!:D

BTW -Thanks for posting.

·
overthinker extraordinar
650 Posts
and it is now sold - to ME!!!

thanks again for posting.
mark

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,268 Posts
Slap a 390 Holley on it Mark and see what happens. Since you have the Weber I’d like to
see what you think the difference is in power.

·
Registered
817 Posts
im getting it, trading my 2bbl top for his 4bbl top.

cant wait. been needing that 4bbl top for my tbi swap...

·
Registered
100 Posts
im getting it, trading my 2bbl top for his 4bbl top.

cant wait. been needing that 4bbl top for my tbi swap...
So your using Edelbrock intake and 4bbl top with tbi? have you made a custom spacer to mount it?

Would be interested in giving this a try.

·
Registered
855 Posts
So your using Edelbrock intake and 4bbl top with tbi? have you made a custom spacer to mount it?

Would be interested in giving this a try.

Been there, done that.

Made my own plate.

Works fine.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I really can't say because I did not start out with a stock intake. I can say that there was a big difference between the Holley 390 carb and the TBI, but then I could never get that damn Holley to run properly either.

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
As I have posted in the past... Look at the lower intake.

You'll notice the ports on the driver(?) side IIRC, are smaller than the passenger side. I called Edelbrock tech line and they said that through their research and flow bench, they discovered that the 60 V6 had an inherent flow problem.
They eliminated the problem by changing the port size.
I am guessing that this intake will improve performance with any gas mixer. TBI, 390 Holley, Weber or whatever.

BTW Manx, you must have had a lemon 390. I have 2 3.4s in 2 different trucks, the 390 works super on both of them.
The Voodoo truck sits for months at a time, I get in it, wait for the e pump to fill the system, pump twice and the truck starts instantly!!
It takes a minute for it to warm up (HUGE cam) but it works amazingly well. Gas mileage sort of sux though...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
8 Participants
damanx
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing